Parkin, Ex-Dave Dock Stafford Sale 2019

G

Graham Smith

Like all auctions at Bonhams, I suspect it'll go for far more than the guide price.

The image is a copy of the ad that's going in February's edition of MPH.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Thanks for the small print Graham, Didn't see the bit about "Offered with original UFM and RFM".
That will make it worth twice as much ?. Cheers Bill.
Yes Bonhams passed to me the numbers of this bike along with what they thought was spare frame parts. I pointed out to them that the "spare" UFM & RFM were the original ones for the Shadow engine now in the Parkin and really needed to be sold as one lot.
Simon

Rapide

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Lovely bike! I’ve always been a fan of the Parkin since I saw one hiding under some sheets in a friends garage. What a wonderful machine for someone to buy!

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Yes Bonhams passed to me the numbers of this bike along with what they thought was spare frame parts. I pointed out to them that the "spare" UFM & RFM were the original ones for the Shadow engine now in the Parkin and really needed to be sold as one lot.
Simon

Nice to see the major components stayed together.

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes 20% is a reasonable estimate it is a little less but its a neat way to value things
its the cost 62K plus 15% of 50K plus 12% of 12K plus 20% of those additional sums for HMG
It takes a disciplined mind to add a fifth to every sum when the gravel is hovering....

vibrac

VOC Member
Fritz Pierre NEARLY beat Phil Read at Brands Hatch in his first real road race in the late 60's I cant remember if the Egli expired or Fritz dropped it. he was last off the grid (I dont think little Fritz had ever bumped a bike in a race before) but he led, and it was an ecstatic few laps and I remember all the Vincent belivers and I were beside ourselves