• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Parkin, Ex-Dave Dock Stafford Sale 2019

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
It was a nice Bike back in the day, I keep telling the Wife, My Special is not worth much !!. Cheers Bill.

Albervin

VOC Member
Race bikes have a much more limited appeal than road bikes. While they can be converted to road use it is not that easy and I know of one terrible tale where someone has attempted to do exactly that. As Chris says it is a sucker estimate and will sell for more.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Mine was and is a road bike also. 40 ln top, no problem.
L/nings are not too high tuned.
I know of 2 Parkin bikes on the road.
The 500 has done many many miles.
Cheers Bill.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Thanks for the small print Graham, Didn't see the bit about "Offered with original UFM and RFM".
That will make it worth twice as much ?. Cheers Bill.

Graham Smith

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Like all auctions at Bonhams, I suspect it'll go for far more than the guide price.

The image is a copy of the ad that's going in February's edition of MPH.

vin998

VOC Member
Thanks for the small print Graham, Didn't see the bit about "Offered with original UFM and RFM".
That will make it worth twice as much ?. Cheers Bill.
Yes Bonhams passed to me the numbers of this bike along with what they thought was spare frame parts. I pointed out to them that the "spare" UFM & RFM were the original ones for the Shadow engine now in the Parkin and really needed to be sold as one lot.
Simon

Rapide

VOC Member
Lovely bike! I’ve always been a fan of the Parkin since I saw one hiding under some sheets in a friends garage. What a wonderful machine for someone to buy!

TouringComet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
Yes Bonhams passed to me the numbers of this bike along with what they thought was spare frame parts. I pointed out to them that the "spare" UFM & RFM were the original ones for the Shadow engine now in the Parkin and really needed to be sold as one lot.
Simon
Nice to see the major components stayed together.