pannier clamp B10

Oldhaven

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Is the B10 (R or L) shown in MO 43 available anywhere? If not, does a drawing exist? Doesn't look too hard to duplicate but it would be nice to have a good reference.

Thanks,

Ron

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member
Ron,

There's 35 pages of writing, photos and drawings - including the one you want - at:

http://www.voc.uk.com/net/docs/tl/luggageequipment.pdf

Peter B
Bristol, UK.
WANTED: Series 'A' Front Frame

That is brilliant!
Even though most serious tourists will prefer the Gordon Griffiths designed sub frame which provides much greater luggage capacity and much better ride comfort for both rider and pillionist.

The first paragraph in the quoted link states:
"We are grateful to the late Alan Lancaster for the loan of the advertising poster reproduced here.
The beautifully drawn, half timbered Tudor inn in the background blends well with the 1949 Black Shadow and its riders in "period" dress. "

I was unable to find that advert in the link - has it been excommunicated?

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Here is a fuzzy pic of the advert:
PosterwithLuggage.jpg

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member
A bit clearer picture of the poster.
View attachment 2857
Very interesting.
Page ii Advertisements 'The Motor Cycle' APRIL 14TH, 1949 contains this advert.
But it is all in black ink on a uniform medium blue background, presumably in deference to the nick name for 'The Motor Cycle'.
That was the 'Blue 'Un'.
In The Motor Cycle Advert, the Shanghai version's yellowish background has gone blue and the fluffy white cloud behind the inn sign has disappeared.

I do not know which is the original version.
Maybe the yellow version is a Photoshop reworking of the 1949 Advertisement?

Perhaps David Wright's book on Vincent Adverts ( which I do not have ) may clarify this?

orwollma

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
But it is all in black ink on a uniform medium blue background, presumably in deference to the nick name for 'The Motor Cycle'.
That was the 'Blue 'Un'.
In The Motor Cycle Advert, the Shanghai version's yellowish background has gone blue and the fluffy white cloud behind the inn sign has disappeared.

Perhaps David Wright's book on Vincent Adverts ( which I do not have ) may clarify this?[/QUOTE]

Here's a scan of page 134 from David Wright's book. No cloud and green tinted paper FWIW.
DWp134.jpg

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

orwollma

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
That was the 'Blue 'Un'.

Perhaps David Wright's book on Vincent Adverts ( which I do not have ) may clarify this?

Here's a scan of page 134 from David Wright's book. No cloud and green tinted paper FWIW.View attachment 2858
View attachment 2858

Mark[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the double picture post! Sure would be nice to be able to edit our own posts....

Mark
Taken care of Mark.

Last edited by a moderator: