Painted Digits on Number Plates

John Reynolds

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Can anyone recommend a sign-writer (in UK) who is au fait with painting digits onto motorcycle number plates? I have managed to track down a traditional sign-writer but I would prefer to entrust the job to someone who is acquainted with the correct 'type face', digit sizing and colour of paint, etc. I am willing to post the plates so no restrictions on location.

Many thanks

Speedtwin

VOC Member
I use waterslide transfers from classictransfers.co.uk age appropriate fonts look like a well painted or sign written plate you can add end brush strokes prior to sealing.

John Reynolds

VOC Member
Many thanks for the replies and suggestions. However, I would prefer to have the digits painted on rather than use transfers. As I said, location of the signwriter is not a problem as I have them all boxed up and ready to post to anywhere in the UK. All I need is the name and telephone number of someone who is able to do the job.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Any signwriter can do the job, the spacings are a legal requirement and a little research will turn up the appropriate font, What period are you looking for.

Marvel

VOC Member
Many thanks for the replies and suggestions. However, I would prefer to have the digits painted on rather than use transfers. As I said, location of the signwriter is not a problem as I have them all boxed up and ready to post to anywhere in the UK. All I need is the name and telephone number of someone who is able to do the job.
I’ve PM’d you my friends phone number. We are both in Ringwood near to where the AnD rally is being held.

Chris.R

VOC Member
I had my plate painted for my 1954 Comet by Peter Anthony 0208 393 4025 - 07961331834M info@freestylesignstudio.co.uk West Ewell, Surrey. I would recommend him to anyone unreservedly great and speedy service. before and after pics

Chris

Attachments

• No plate_DSC0936.JPG
    No plate_DSC0936.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 14
  • TVK960 Back July 2020_DSC2428.JPG
    TVK960 Back July 2020_DSC2428.JPG
    329.3 KB · Views: 13