Page View?

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Does everyone see the sidebar on the right when viewing threads or is it just me? I would prefer the page without it so that I can just see the posts in the thread I am reading full width. I/we already have quick links to "Latest Posts", "Databases" etc at the top of the page.

vibrac

VOC Member
I have Side bar on my android but I use it on a raw browser and not some offered applications (the less systems and big organisations involved in my feed the better) it may disappear it you use one of those.
No side bar on Linux or even the dreaded MSDOS chicken dressed up as a windows 10 turkey. While using Opera, or Firefox,and (if I am windows desperate IE or chrome)
I use a phone to make telephone calls and GPS so no idea what this looks like on that (arthritis is coming soon so no need to exasivate it in my fingers :))

Last edited:

A_HRD

VOC Member
I have the sidebar on my Apple iMac, but with a 27 inch screen it doesn't bother me at all.
Peter B

macvette

Non-VOC Member
Does everyone see the sidebar on the right when viewing threads or is it just me? I would prefer the page without it so that I can just see the posts in the thread I am reading full width. I/we already have quick links to "Latest Posts", "Databases" etc at the top of the page.
No side bar on my Galaxy S8 android phone

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
On my new laptop, I have just found, Right Click," Read aloud", Very strange, I think I would prefer a Female voice !!, To send me to Sleep !. Cheers Bill.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
You'll only see it depending on what size screen you're browsing with.

If you're browsing with a small hand-held device, then the sidebars won't appear at the side, but will show itself at the bottom of the page.

The website is known as 'responsive', and can be read about here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design
Dear Graham,
Thanks for the link. I guess it makes sense now that we view the web on a wide variety of devices with different screen sizes. If I minimise the view on my Windows10 laptop, sure enough, the right-hand sidebar jumps down to the bottom.