Pack Rats

riptragle1953

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Bruce Metcalf was kind enough to drop me a line about joining up. I put his letter on the kitchen table and the next day it was gone. Other things have just disappeared around here too. I naturally figured the cabin was haunted: poltergeists or something.
Well, as I have heard something running around in the upper crawl space.... I got me an electronic Rat Zapper.... which, when loaded with bait, electrocutes the pests. Last week it killed a HUGE pack rat.
I am in the process of setting up a wind turbine so I had to get up into that crawl space just this week to straighten out some electrical circuits..... and there was Bruce's letter along with a bunch of other missing stuff. Ok, so now I'll join up.
I don't know why anyone wants to hear from me anyway as I am just a frustrated old curmudgeon anyway. cheers, Rip Tragle

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Funny you should mention that RIP, I just mentioned to my wife today that the second name for the Vincent Owners Club could be the Frustrated Old Curmudgeon Club.
So you are in the right place.
Another name for the VOC is the "We get very sleepy when we eat Club." Anyone who has been to a VOC dinner knows this would be a great backup name for the club!

Glen

Last edited:

vincenttwin

VOC Member
This time of year here in Colorado is when the mice and rats are looking for a warmer home than outside and nest building is on their minds. my cat just had a big pack rat caught in caged in run along the side of the house.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Get 2 maine coons...preferably purebred, one male, one female...trust me, one of each works best....and the best part?.. Maine coons are huge, nothing foreign will live more than 30 seconds in your house, including ex-wives. Dont call me to complain when you discover how much they eat.

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
Too funny: I thought you were putting me on speaking of a type of raccoon.... so I gaged back about about papers. Now I know what you mean.... I had forgotten all about that breed. One great big DUH for me!