P.C.Vincents unusual engine.

dave g6xnc

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Has any one got a copy of "unusual engines" by"Setright" ? I belive I read in MPH or on here that details of this, the engine he was working on during his post Vincent years. If so how about a picture or artical / reprint in MPH?. Did hear from a well known expert in all things motorcycling during the 1983 trip to Austraila that
another famous engineer from the past had been sent details by PCV and descibed it as "rubbish". Mr Vincent apparently not happy about it. So how about it anyone got any info on it at all?. The book is listed on Amazon at $175.00. so don't think I'll be going there!.
Dave (1150's are best & yellow ones are fastest )gs. oops! wrong site!.this
refers to that german make beginning with B & ending in W. (never catch on)

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Unusual engines

There are details of Vincent's motor (it was ceramic I seem to recall) around. Last time I looked for the LJKS book it wasn't available at any price. I wish now I'd forgotten to take it back to the library......

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member
I borrowed the LJKS book from library a year ago or so.
Took a few days for them to dig it out of remote store.
From the date stamps it had not been used for years, but when I offered to buy it I got the cold shoulder.
From memory there was not much text and no pix related to PCV's effort.

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Ljks

What the book left me with was a desire to build a Nornap. An infinitely accomodating Featherbed frame, with a Napier Sabre motor in it.......probably have to be a wideline......

I borrowed the LJKS book from library a year ago or so.
Took a few days for them to dig it out of remote store.
From the date stamps it had not been used for years, but when I offered to buy it I got the cold shoulder.
From memory there was not much text and no pix related to PCV's effort.

Last edited by a moderator: