OZ on line monthly magazine

poor1

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Regarding the excellent monthly OZ magazine.
Received the following email this morning purporting to be from Martyn Goodwin, headed ALERT! More stolen Vincents

'The email address you used for the Oz Vincent Review in no longer in use and is not being monitored or read.
Please RESEND your email to ozvinvreview@gmail.com'

Is this a SCAM ??

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Usually if Martyn has some info like stolen Vincent's he lets me know so I can note it in the Machine registrars database. I have not received anything from him recently.
Simon

poor1

Non-VOC Member
If genuine one would would have thought that every member who reads his online magazine would have received the same message.
Maybe he will see this post and be able to confirm one way or another.

I have an email address for Martyn which is totally different to the one in the email, so unless someone has information to the contrary I shall regard it as a Scam

vibrac

VOC Member
I did get an message in my email box a week or so ago about a change of oz email address I must have dumped it it seemed genuine like Bill lets wait...

A_HRD

VOC Member
Martyn sent out an email to registered Oz Vincent Review recipients on the 22nd October letting us know of the change of email to that posted in #1 above. So no scam in that regard.

Meanwhile, grateful if a moderator could move this thread from 'Series A' to 'General Chat (Vincent Related).

Peter B

davidd

VOC Member
OVR New Email.PNG

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Martyn sent out an email to registered Oz Vincent Review recipients on the 22nd October letting us know of the change of email to that posted in #1 above. So no scam in that regard.

Meanwhile, grateful if a moderator could move this thread from 'Series A' to 'General Chat (Vincent Related).

Peter B

Folks, NOT A SCAM - Over recent times the Australian Government has been 'improving' the Australian national internet infrastructure thru a program they call NBN - National Broadband Network, though many victims of its roll-out call it Not Bloody Needed!

One of the consequences for many end users is loss or changes to email addresses, being forced to switch ISP, loss of long held phone numbers an more.

Thru this Oz Vincent Review has needed to change its email address a number of times. Each time I have tried to stay with an address related to my ISP but this last forced change was one too many and I have switched to gmail in the hope it will be a little more permanent. In the early life of OVR gmail was not an option due to the small number of people I could send to an one group mailing. But after the OVR distribution climbed past 700 a month, OVR migrated to a commercial bulk mail service - MailChimp. That's why gmail should be OK for me from now on as I don't need to send broadcast messages thru it.

Back to the message referred to. I set up an auto reply rule on ALL of the old email addresses used in the past by OVR with the intent that it would go out ONLY when/if a new message arrived. I did not realise that the 'rule' would be applied to ALL messages already in the in-box; but it did.

So if there was a message in my OVR inbox associated with the old addresses then my email client (outlook) blasted out what you received. So again IT IS NOT A SCAM.

And just in case anyone is unclear - the ONLY email address for OVR from this point on is

Sorry to be so long winded- I thought it best for clarity that you got the full story.

regards,

Martyn, OVR Editor, VOC Member and Secretary of Vincent Riders Victoria.