Over 70 Entitlement

Alan J

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm waiting with some trepidation for the return of mine! I just met an old friend who has lost his B1-the trailer entitlement and they have refused to give it back! They seem to be a law unto themselves.I do still have an old 1970's license-the red one-but Hugo is right-the letters have all changed! I'll report back when it is returned.

vibrac

VOC Member
Is this not worthy of an MP's intervention?(the FBHVC must have a tame one)
A question in the house and an answer from a minister is required
It is a travesty if you surrender the only acceptable proof of entitlement in order to renew it, some other obtainable document should be acceptable in the event that a jobs worth makes a mistake

Ian Scott

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Jim,
road rollers are not my thing but I do like traction engines and especially ploughing engines.
Keeping to the script and adding another DVLA mistake, I got pulled by the police several years ago when they were testing number plate recognition, to be told that my car had no keeper recorded at DVLA. They were notified some 15 months before that I was the new keeper and I had renewed the road tax 3 months before being pulled. I was instructed by the police to phone DVLA to have the record updated, as far as I can recall I had to pay premium phone rate!

Last edited:

Alan J

VOC Member
I got my old licence back as I requested as my proof of my entitlements, next day my new licence arrived,only minus the heavy stuff! The new licence requirements have bee n published, the motorcycle requirements are very complicated,but do not effect us who have the old A category!