outdoor png pong

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Here we are roads empty everyone watching outdoor ping pong and whats it doing ?
bucketing down no riding today
Ah well soon be the oily limpics perhaps the roads will be dry by then, I want to get something back for the money they have spent.

Howard

VOC Member
Buy an Amanda!!!

Oh, go on mock!! You wouldn't be so cheerful if the rain put your Barby out!! :)

I went to the 1000 bikes meet on Saturday, dry all the way there, first sign of rain was a few spots as I finished my track session. Wish I could stop there, but on the way home I hit the grandaddy of a hailstorm. This is no summer for motorcyclists!!

H

carlm

Non-VOC Member
If you're going to pong, its very considerate of you to do it outdoors. Or am I missing something in the translation?
Carl

vibrac

VOC Member
original names : ping pong is table tennis ,scrambling is moto cross (walking on rocks sometimes using 4 limbs is now called scrambling),battledore and shuttlecock is badminton,sidewalk surfing is skateboarding,rounders may be baseball and motorcycling is biking (although I note the lycra gang want to pinch the term and as far as I am concerned they can have it, I hate being called a biker),

vibrac

VOC Member
Why get with it?, have they suddenly realised that amature motor SPORT is also worthy of some public money as well?

Howard

VOC Member
I think they're forgetting something, it's the LONDON Olympics, not the UK Olympics, but we're all going to pick up the bill. I heard that they're dishing out a few tantalising events to the outlying districts - Glasgow are hosting a football match between Azerbaizan and Maputoland - I might have the names wrong, but you get my drift.

I like watching the Olympics, preferably when they're in someone else's back yard, preferably in a similar time zone.

H

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Apparently the 1948 Olympics was in London also. Were the postwar austerity measures still in place then? Enough goods must have been sold overseas to have the tax funds to build facilities, etc.