"Original Vincent" book

Jeremy Churchill 1

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi there,

My copy of Jacqueline Bickerstaff's "Original Vincent" is now getting a bit dog-eared from constant use. Mine is the original Motorbooks International/Bay View Books edition, but I see that there is now a re-issue by Herridge Publishing - widely available on a well-known auction website, amongst others!!

Has anyone read/got both? Is the quality of the re-issue (especially the photos) as good as the original?

Regards

B

Bikersally

Hi there,

My copy of Jacqueline Bickerstaff's "Original Vincent" is now getting a bit dog-eared from constant use. Mine is the original Motorbooks International/Bay View Books edition, but I see that there is now a re-issue by Herridge Publishing - widely available on a well-known auction website, amongst others!!

Has anyone read/got both? Is the quality of the re-issue (especially the photos) as good as the original?

Regards

At £28 or thereabouts it's good enough for me.

Phil Mahood

VOC Hon. Computer Officer
VOC Member
Original Vincent - new edition

The new edition is equal to, and possibly better than, the original. The cover, binding and paper quality all seems a step up. You can get a signed copy from Herridges for no extra.

Jeremy Churchill 1

Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks!

Thanks one and all for the comments.

I know it's good - I've been carrying it everywhere with me for most of this year. At first the text was the essential thing, but the photos have now become as important, if not more so, to me as I've been using them to show me what goes where and what things actually look like (the parts list is good, but some of the drawings lack a little something, sometimes!). Hence the need to know about the quality of the photos in the re-issue.

So thanks particularly to Phil and John - that's exactly what I wanted to know!