Original Amal build sheets for 276 carburetters for Vincents, first dated 1946.

hadronuk

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Amal kindly supplied me with these when I asked them about the correct fuel level. Not that it sheds any light on that, but they are interesting anyway.

Does anyone understand what the reference to throttle valves being “ground as soon as possible” means?
And I wonder what you got if you did not specify the throttle valves were "to be good fit"?

Image3_zpsc0f27e9a.jpg
Image4_zps8c6fdf84.jpg
Image2_zps872311a0.jpg

Last edited:

A_HRD

VOC Member
Does anyone understand what the reference to throttle valves being “ground as soon as possible” means?

I'm guessing this was simply a reference to the fact this was an order from the Vincent Company and Amal wanted it completed "as soon as possible"(?).

Peter B
Bristol, UK.

goin michel

Non-VOC Member
May we have autorisation to reproduct the photographies of the 3 sheets for our french section revue : Le Loup Garreau ?

Michel Goin (pdt voc french section)

hadronuk

VOC Member
May we have autorisation to reproduct the photographies of the 3 sheets for our french section revue : Le Loup Garreau ?

Michel Goin (pdt voc french section)

Fine by me, but I guess it is up to Amal. I don't know what the position is. Can anyone else advise?
Amal are very approachable, might be best to phone them, they might even have the sheets for the Shadow carbs as well, if asked nicely!