Opinions on FEKED burgess type Vincent muffler…..

Robert E Naess

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Looking to replace the muffler on a '48 Rap and interested in user's experience with the FEKED production examples. Also, any other worthy types made that are close copies. Want durable chromed steel not stainless.

Hugo Myatt

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Looking to replace the muffler on a '48 Rap and interested in user's experience with the FEKED production examples. Also, any other worthy types made that are close copies. Want durable chromed steel not stainless.

The FEKED silencer that I had unfortunately had the welded on mounting bracket approximately 3/4" too far to the rear and would require an unsightly extension to fit it.

Howard

VOC Member
The FEKED silencer that I had unfortunately had the welded on mounting bracket approximately 3/4" too far to the rear and would require an unsightly extension to fit it.
Mine too, and it's loud, but my Comet goes well with it.

H

vibrac

VOC Member
The spares company now do an absorption silencer PT2ASABS as well as the original spiral design

hadronuk

VOC Member
At the risk of being expelled from the club....
I wanted to make my bike quieter without losing power, so I have fitted a Toga copy of a 1960 Triumph silencer. It's the straight through absorption type. It gives a very pleasant, quieter tone, and only becomes loud at full throttle.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Yes, Vins can be quiet at low throttle openings. I remember the first sprint I entered about fifty years ago (nine to ones, Mk IIs and an open pipe). It was at Blackpool and I rode from where I was working in the South of England up to my family home in Wakefield and then followed my brother, who was in his car, on the route over the Pennines. Going through the small Pennine villages at low throttle openings and people did not even look round. However, when the throttle was opened a noise something like corrugated iron being torn asunder reverberated around the surrounding hills and several of the elderly resident were rumoured to have had their first unassisted bowel movements for several years. Cries of 'god bless you lad', or something like that, followed me on my way.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
At the CVMG meet at Barrie in'82, Phil Mahood's empty silencer Shadow was idling while on the rear stand and you couldn't hear it.

vibrac

VOC Member
My 2 inch pipe is perforated with a half inch absorption packing inside a 3 inch alloy tube with quater inch alloy walls and end caps same width turned of solid and the result 105 Db at the circuit.......passed!

Len Matthews

VOC Member
At the risk of being expelled from the club....
I wanted to make my bike quieter without losing power, so I have fitted a Toga copy of a 1960 Triumph silencer. It's the straight through absorption type. It gives a very pleasant, quieter tone, and only becomes loud at full throttle.
I'm not sure it's still available but at one time Toga could supply a proper Vincent silencer but like all absorption silencers it's effectiveness deceases it time.