old two wheeled bikers

ossie

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
we are on the decline keep getting your leg over while you can as the museums are taking your place in history my kids have no interest towards my bike as much as they love dads bike they don't go down that road get a bike then a girl friend etc etc
nobody knows what all that crap is in my shed
help

Black Flash

VOC Member
Hmmm I know that feeling.
Asking my son why he won't take a test to ride one of my bikes He told me that he would prefer to sell them. He says they are too loud and He would prefer to buy an electric bike from the money. Then he could also charge his mobile while riding the bike.
Strange folk those kids today
Bernd

vibrac

VOC Member
I was only saying to a great friend in the other VOC last Thursday that we were both blessed with Sons that also loved Motorcycles and had made bikes their occupation and we had wives that supported our hobby and we should be so very grateful. Now if I could only stop working on my bikes for a week and clear out those 3 back rooms where I have been stashing stuff for years.......

nkt267

VOC Member
My son loves my old bikes, as long as I'm alive to fettle them.
He's ridden the Comet,Rapide and my 1932 Sunbeam and not just round the block. If he could find someone to repair them after my demise( not soon I hope) then he would keep them..John

Brian Thompson

Non-VOC Member
My son is the same. He won't ride any of my bikes either. He said when I go he'll simply order 3 skip bins and clean out the shed.
I tried to explain, please look at everything before you throw it out.
Dam it's a worry
Cheers
Brian

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I brought both my sons up to enjoy motorcycling, usual route, Italjet, TY80, TY250, then one day whist distracted my eldest, 14 at the time, asked me if he could ride my Vincent, I replied, if you can start it you can ride it, big mistake on my part, a short while later I whilst in the shower when I heard a familiar sound, then an even more familiar sound as my Vincent roared off down the road, (err thinking about this, private road of course!!!) anyway no harm done, rider and machine returned safely a while later with a huge beaming smile on my sons face. Forward a few years and my son has now graduated to Japanese two wheeled missiles, he wants to go to Box Hill, but his ZXR750 is off the road for some reason and I offer the Vincent as a suitable replacement, on returning I ask him for his opinion on the "Worlds Fastest Production Motorcycle" far from complementary, I will precis his comments, "Bloody dangerous, should not be allowed on the road, the brakes, what brakes? the suspension, more like a bloody pogo stick, the engine, totally gutless, apart from that it seems OK! Kids Eh, who would have them.