Old MPH's on Ebay again.

Tracey Tilley

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Item number . 260516226601.
This really annoys me.
Why can't we stop/discourage this.
Early MPH had peoples full names and addresses.

G

Graham Smith

Not sure there's much we can do about it.

Totally different I know, but it's one of the reasons we now insist that Section Organisers now return their copies of the Club Admin list on a yearly-basis.

These Club Admin Lists remain property of the Club, and if they were to appear on eBay etc, then there WOULD be something we could do about it.

It's one of the reasons I was keen to get a PO Box facility for the Club when I first came on board the Exec. It's a bit of a pain at this time of the year with all the renewals coming through, but generally at most other times of the year, it's not too bad. Actually - I say it's not too bad, but it's actually Sally who does all the work sorting all the post out!

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Item number . 260516226601.
This really annoys me.
Why can't we stop/discourage this.
Early MPH had peoples full names and addresses.

I appreciate there could be a security problem with these back numbers of MPH but the purchasers must have an interest in Vincents otherwise why buy them? They could be inspired to become members or is that wishful thinking?

rapcom

VOC Member
MPHs on eBay

I sent a polite message to the seller last night, pointing out the security issues, suggesting that he passed them back to the club or a club member, or destroyed them, and this morning received a nice reply, saying that he had not thought of that aspect, and would of course withdraw them from sale.
If only some others were as approachable and responsive.

Last edited:

methamon

Non-VOC Member
We all think we know best

Well thanks to all concerned for denying me the legitimate opportunity to purchase some MPHs for my collection. I had intended to bid on this item and now cannot.
I'll refrain from saying any more.

Vic Youel

Non-VOC Member
MPH's for sale

Well I was thinking of selling my collection on Ebay....what offers for a complete set less 10, 25-37, 48,49, 61-101, 122/3/6.

I will not post (mail) them though. Another condition is that the buyer also remove my very large collection of other magazines from the late seventies onwards.

Personally I do not subscribe to the security problem....they are only of interest to Vincent enthusiasts. They also appear at autojumbles so are already in the public domain.

Vic

Albervin

VOC Member
Well I was thinking of selling my collection on Ebay....what offers for a complete set less 10, 25-37, 48,49, 61-101, 122/3/6.

I will not post (mail) them though. Another condition is that the buyer also remove my very large collection of other magazines from the late seventies onwards.

Personally I do not subscribe to the security problem....they are only of interest to Vincent enthusiasts. They also appear at autojumbles so are already in the public domain.

Vic
A mostly complete collection of MPHs recently sold at the Charterhouse (Dorset) auction for £25. Some people think that MPHs are as valuable as Caxton or Guttenberg Bibles when in reality they are not. Here in Australia it is difficult although not impossible to find old (1950s & '60s) issues at reasonable prices but postage rates make overseas purchases of large quantities prohibitively expensive.