Old issues of MPH

arvp57

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Not sure if this is the right place to post but...
I have a quantity of old MPH magazines from 1952 to 1965. Some are scribbled on; all except one are intact if foxed with rusty staples. I would like to keep these within the Vincent HRD community. Looking for £1 each + p&p at cost. Collection possible from Cambs area. Issues 1952-60 now sold.

Price reduced to 50p each + p&p. for the rest.
1961: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Aug, Sep, Oct, Dec
1962: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Oct, Nov, Dec
1963: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov
1964: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
1965: Jan, Feb, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Modification Index MPH 120 (Jan 1959 -263 (Dec 1970)

Allen

Last edited:

arvp57

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
These are still available for the cost of postage only before they go to be recycled.

1961: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Aug, Sep, Oct, Dec
1962: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Oct, Nov, Dec
1963: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov
1964: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
1965: Jan, Feb, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Modification Index MPH 120 (Jan 1959 -263 (Dec 1970)

Allen

vincenttwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Is there any plan to put all the MPH's onto a DVD by the club ,we just did it in the New Imperial club ,and its great ,looking up old articles .
If not on DVD maybe in the members section of the club web site.

Happy Christmas and an Merry New Year to one and all.
We just had 28" of snow last night ,guess what I am doing this morning.

Peter Allen

G

Graham Smith

Hi Peter

There are currently no plans to put them onto a DVD.

That's not to say I'm not in favour of putting historical information on the internet - I am.

However, the trouble is with putting material on CDs/DVDs - it so easily copied these days, and once it's been copied, it makes its value worthless. This is one of the reasons that I against making an electronic version of MPH available.

I have quite a large library of electronic MPHs that Robert and I have produced going back quite a few years, but have only been doing this incase there's a suitable way of making the information available in the future.

I'd be really interested to know other peoples thoughts though!

Graham

vibrac

VOC Member
Its a pity that offers like this do not get directed to the classifed section
It would be good to banner on the main forum when an item is added there
after all there are often moans about e-bay
why pay them for the same service

vincenttwin

VOC Member
Graham.
Not certain what you mean , do you want folks who have old MPH's to be able to sell them and make money or do you want to keep the old articles away from the younger members.
Okay the club copies them and sells the whole set on an DVD ,yes after a while a few bad apples will copy them and pass them, but you can put a very strong anti copy software built in ,like the movie folks do makes it quite hard to copy, yes folks will copy them and just like MPH will sell it on here to members or to non club members on Ebay, so really no real difference .
My main idea is there is a lot of very good information in the older ones which anyone who has only been in the club 10-20 years might never see.and many times people quote old MPH's "see MPH #265" ,Which sorry to say I do not have.
So the club makes 500 copies and sells them by way of the spares company ,we cover our costs and maybe make an little money and yes someone will copy them and sell them on Ebay, who cares if non VOC folks gets them ,maybe a few will join the club.

just ideas , but I would buy an DVD with all the old ones if it was offered for sale.
cheers
Peter

Last edited: