Old glass fibre tanks

ET43

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Eddie, If I knew how to, I would put a paper I collated about this subject on the forum. Call me a luddite. However, if anyone cares to send me an e-mail, I will forward this document. Restom is the one I used, available from JP Classics in Southampton, SO4 2GP. I have heard good things of Slosh from Draganfly Motorcycles, Tapox from Caswelleurope and Tank Cure from LB Restoration Services. Cheers, ET43

vibrac

VOC Member
3 months in and my sloshed tank on me Douglas looks good
I will leave it for the winter with some so called petrol in it (but disconnect the carbs just in case)

ET43

Non-VOC Member
I have just read O.B.M and seen some ads for tank sealants. One says it is ethanol resistant----- and the other says it is good for 5% ethanol, so in two years time it will fail with the 10% muck that our government is to introduce in 2013. Please read the small print chaps. At present, I am unable to view Nut/Tank clearance post page two where I think someone asked about taps. Ethanol fuel eats cork and rubber amongst other things. Goffy offers fuel proof taps. Good Luck, ET43

nkt267

VOC Member
At present, I am unable to view Nut/Tank clearance post page two where I think someone asked about taps. Ethanol fuel eats cork and rubber amongst other things. Goffy offers fuel proof taps. Good Luck, ET43
Same here, but if you click on 'View first unread' at top of the thread you can go straight to it..john