oiltight banjo bolts

tmax555

Forum User
VOC Member
I seem to remember seeing an advert for what I think was a rubber/aluminium composite washer to replace copper washerA27.
Can anyone name the supplier?
Thanks

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I seem to remember seeing an advert for what I think was a rubber/aluminium composite washer to replace copper washerA27.
Can anyone name the supplier?
Thanks
Neal Videan makes them & they work! "My oil consumption has dropped dramatically since I started using Neal's Seals"! Well, a bit of an exaggeration but my engine is much cleaner than it has ever been. Just a satisfied customer
& no commercial affiliation. I have to ask though,where you saw the advert?? As a non member it couldn't have been MPH, could it? If you can send me a PM I will send you a contact e-mail.

nkt267

VOC Member
I now use 1/4 BSP dowty washers and find them very good..Shop around for the best prices as they vary quite a bit..John

John Appleton

VOC Member
That sounds very much like a dowty washer !

No, they are not like a dowty washer, the skirt of which is likely to overlap into the hole into which the banjo bolt fits giving the possibility of a leak. The ones albervin is talking about are two piece. The first is an O ring, which actually does the sealing and its contact area is back from the edge of the hole, and an aluminium outer ring which stops the O ring squeezing out from under the banjo bolt head. I used to use dowty washers, but could see the advantages of this newer development, and had no hesitation in fitting them (successfully ) to all our vin collection. Vince Farrell stocks them in UK if you are tempted.
John