• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

oiltight banjo bolts

tmax555

New Website User
VOC Member
I seem to remember seeing an advert for what I think was a rubber/aluminium composite washer to replace copper washerA27.
Can anyone name the supplier?
Thanks

Albervin

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I seem to remember seeing an advert for what I think was a rubber/aluminium composite washer to replace copper washerA27.
Can anyone name the supplier?
Thanks
Neal Videan makes them & they work! "My oil consumption has dropped dramatically since I started using Neal's Seals"! Well, a bit of an exaggeration but my engine is much cleaner than it has ever been. Just a satisfied customer
& no commercial affiliation. I have to ask though,where you saw the advert?? As a non member it couldn't have been MPH, could it? If you can send me a PM I will send you a contact e-mail.

John Appleton

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
That sounds very much like a dowty washer !

No, they are not like a dowty washer, the skirt of which is likely to overlap into the hole into which the banjo bolt fits giving the possibility of a leak. The ones albervin is talking about are two piece. The first is an O ring, which actually does the sealing and its contact area is back from the edge of the hole, and an aluminium outer ring which stops the O ring squeezing out from under the banjo bolt head. I used to use dowty washers, but could see the advantages of this newer development, and had no hesitation in fitting them (successfully ) to all our vin collection. Vince Farrell stocks them in UK if you are tempted.
John

tmax555

New Website User
VOC Member
Thanks for the info.
I am a member ( over 15 years) and prbably did see it in MPH, don't know why it listed me as a non member, though it is the 1st time I've used the forum.

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?