OP: Oil Pump Oil return filter

Bob Zwarts

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Vibrac - if you mean the magnetic filter, RGM do them in a range of sizes but I don't know if they also have a gauze screen as David's does.

davidd

VOC Member
These were made in NJ and they were popular with the Harley dragster crews. I could not find them on-line, so they probably don't exist any longer. The sprint guys may have something newer.

David

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
I ran three filters on the racer. Of course, they are not lovely pieces like Vincent makes, but they do the job.

View attachment 19201
The stock one, the spin-on and there is a pre-filter that is between the silencer and the ufm. The pre-filter looks like this:
View attachment 19204
It has a magnet and a wire screen. With filtered oil going into the tank it should be clean, but the pre-filter is a good backup in case anything falls into the oil tank (or flakes off).

The spin-on filter is the RGM Norton remote filter, but in the States, the filter itself is available from NAPA.

David
How do u magnetize yr aluminium gravel?

Chris.R

VOC Member
I need to make a gauze filter to replace the one damaged on oil return valve TC30AS what is the mesh size required any ideas I doubt I can buy one ready made to solder on. guess the answer will be in microns or mm