Oil pump parts

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Stanley my handsome try Peter Barker he does S/S spacer plates, gears ? I bought a shaft of gearing material and then parted them off extra wide as I did 1/4" for scavenge side and 3/16" supply for more oil feed to a Royal Enfield type floating bush B/E. Send me a PM as I think I have a spare plate and a few gear wheels kicking around. you are only in Gloucestershire so Peter B is not far from you.

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes Stan and Marcus, I still have a few new 'A' oil-pump stainless spacer plates should you still need some. How many do you want?!

I also have a piece of the gearing material (as mentioned by Marcus) for parting-off as required. The fit of new and second-hand pump gears in old pump bodies can often be problematic. They do need to be radially snug - as well as minimal end-float - in order to be efficient at pumping. But once sorted, the 'A' pump is vastly superior to the B/C/D one.

As an aside, I use brown baking-paper (easily available in UK supermarkets) as pump gaskets. It's strong, oil-proof, heat-proof and only about 3 thou thick.

You know my number!

Peter B

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
I couldn't agree more with you Peter about the "A" pump being more superior as Mr Vincent wished he carried it to the B,C & D series as he mention it in his autobiography.

Last edited: