Oil passage from the pump to the filter chamber

riptragle1953

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
What I am talking about is a poor fit at the sleeve to case drillings allowing oil to leak past the sleeve before it ever gets to the filter bore.

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
Also on the subject of using and not wasting oil is fitting a #112 Viton o-ring to the I.D. of the pressure side of the bronze sleeve.
However, as to not to nip the ring much care need be taken to smooth and radius (slightly) the sharp edges of the plunger. Insert
plunger with lotsa lube and a slow twisting insertion.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Stopping oil leaking around the outside of the oil pump sleave. Clevtrev's photo was of an 'o' ring groove machined into the outside of that sleave. I had not seen that mod before.

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
I have not heard of this either but it seems it would work fine so long as the ring can slide it without trying to roll out of the groove.... my memory is poor as I keep saying...... but is there not a bit of a taper just ahead of the actual bore?
If I remember correctly this could be smoothed up a bit to compress the ring as it sildes in..... once the ring is fully in the bore it isn't going anywhere. Getting a ring to stay put on a round surface may be tricky.

Last edited:

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
Hello Rip . I just spotted your name mentioned in one of Irving's letters to me . Your phone no. Not working . Lost your E mail address . Send me a note and I'll shoot you PEI s letter . Hope you are well .
You were going to send me some photos ?????? Sid .