Just make it out on this picture.

Attachments

• 5DFBEE1E-5DC5-4ED1-9D68-611BC9F7E6E9.jpeg
    5DFBEE1E-5DC5-4ED1-9D68-611BC9F7E6E9.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 46

oexing

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am not on the paylist of Loctite , just using the name for clarifying the kind of sealant. There are lots of other companies with similar products - at better prices possibly - just that I am familiar with some Loctite types, the 221 or 222 are low strength thread lockers. Mostly I use low to normal in most places, rarely a need for higher strength which can be a handful when trying to undo. Just it amazes me a bit that these products are less accepted in classic mechanics , instead people revert to silly safety wires, nylocs, split washers and more like these "safety" items which are often not really safe. And no, no Allen bolt in that place, ugly.

Vic

Gary Gittleson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Success! So far, anyway. I decided to use the minimally invasive technique. I bought some wicking green Loctite 290. It was a bit difficult to apply, because the little bottle didn't want to squirt upward, so I just sort of splashed the stuff on the screw. Next time, I'll use a hypodermic needle. I did the same with the case joint at the bottom. All of this after careful cleaning. I left it for three days before riding. No leaks. Yet.

I realize that this might make disassembly a bit more difficult but probably not too much and I don't expect to be doing that for quite some time.