Oil hoses ferrules - Comet 1938

Michel

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
O.K. I know that the pre-war brass ferrules are not to be crimped.
Probably an idiotic question, how can the hose connections be sealed when this connection is metal (oil tank, oil pump, etc.) on metal (the brass ferrule) ?

Hi Peter, that's the problem ! I don't have brass ferrules on the 3/8" hoses because Patrick fit as post-war bikes.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
O.K. I know that the pre-war brass ferrules are not to be crimped.
Probably an idiotic question, how can the hose connections be sealed when this connection is metal (oil tank, oil pump, etc.) on metal (the brass ferrule) ?

Hi Peter, that's the problem ! I don't have brass ferrules on the 3/8" hoses because Patrick fit as post-war bikes.
They wouldn't be at all hard to make with a lathe..

A_HRD

VOC Member
Michel,
OK, now I understand! A photo would be useful though, like this..
Peter B
Bristol, UK

107-0710_IMG.jpg

greg brillus

VOC Member
The spares from the batch I had made I sold of to Neal Videan, like all the parts for the early bikes, the cost to manufacture a batch is expensive, you sell off the remainder to try and recoup your costs, once they're gone they're gone........

Michel

VOC Member
Thank you for these clarifications and for the photo. I sent an email to Neal and I'm waiting for his response. And what about the ferrules of 5/16" hoses ?

Michel

VOC Member
Hello,
Do some of you still have some that you don't use and that would sell ?
I wish you an excellent sunny Sunday.
Michel.

greg brillus

VOC Member
I might have some spares in the workshop, what sizes...... both I'm guessing. i could get some more made if the numbers were there.

Michel

VOC Member
Good morning Greg,
If my calculation is correct 4 x 3/8" and 7 x 5/16".
It would be great...