Oil filters for Series 'A' Comet 1937

snowie

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I would like to know what type of oil filter others use as I have only got a fine mesh in my tank and if there are other filters where could I obtain them please. I have just finished a rebuild and feel I would like a better filter. I also need 2 original front brake cable adjusters in s/s. Does anyone know where I could obtain these please. Hope someone can help, Snowie.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
When I bought my 1938 Comet it came with an external oil filter :) This comprised an electric motor connected to a pump via a pair of sprockets and a short chain. Two pipes (in and out), a spin off car filter and a carry handle finished it off. A bit bulky and quite heavy but every time I go out for a decent ride or when I return from a rally, I just hook it up and run it for about 30 minutes. Not ideal maybe but with the little use this bike gets it is quite adequate.

vibrac

VOC Member
Now that I like, lateral thinking
I could not clobber up a bike with extra filters it never had
I only have one bike that needs extra filters and (since I never thought of an external pump and filter system) for that i simply take the recommended oil change mileage and divide by 3

b'knighted

VOC Member
A Meteor- ex Bob Anderson 2.jpg
Bob Anderson did this to at least two A singles. Not entirely original but very worthwhile. I liked it so much I copied it onto my oversized C Comet, where the starter motor makes access to the standard filter inconvenient.

davidd

VOC Member
Scott Dell ran this remote filter on the A-Twin, not for filtering, but cooling. I use it on the Flash Racer for filtering. The filter I use is a 1032 NAPA filter for those who have access to NAPA stores. It is a no or low resistance filter with no check valves.

David