Oh dear! I'm sorry I found this photo online...........

John Smith-Daye

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member

highbury731

VOC Member
I don't see what the fuss is about, it is far less butchered than an Egli or a NorVin and if the rider is disabled he can still ride his Vin.
A NorVin usually means two good bikes have been irreparably butchered to make one bad one. But an Egli was properly designed and engineered for a more modern era. No qualms about one of those.
The bars and tank on that device are hideous, but they can easily be returned to original

kettlrj

VOC Member
I am all for Egli's being made up from new parts as Godet has done, but many good Vincents were lost by being dismantled to provide engines for Egli's. In many cases, not very good ones, ask Howard Worrall about his Slater Egli that he has owned since 1974. My point is, that the trike may not look very nice, but it could easily be converted back to a standard Vin and is far less butchered than is the case with an Egli or a NorVin.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
I only ride motorcycles for one reason, to have fun. The most fun I've ever had on a bike was riding this butcher job. It's not even a proper Egli!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180715-111815.png
    Screenshot_20180715-111815.png
    801.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20180715-111829.png
    Screenshot_20180715-111829.png
    837.1 KB · Views: 72

ericg

VOC Member
A NorVin usually means two good bikes have been irreparably butchered to make one bad one. But an Egli was properly designed and engineered for a more modern era. No qualms about one of those.
The bars and tank on that device are hideous, but they can easily be returned to original
My Norvin handles as good as any Norton I have ridden and I've sampled a few. And it does it with Vincent power delivery.
I've also sampled some standard Vins and definitely prefer my special.
Did you ever try a good Norvin?