Ogri Exhibition

G

Graham Smith

Earlier on today, @Josh Smith, @Paul Adams and myself went down to an art exhibition on the way towards Hastings.

Now, why on earth would we want to go to an art exhibition, you may ask.

Paul Sample was the illustrator behind the Ogri cartoons of the 1970s-2000s, and during his career, Paul created just 444 artworks. About ten years ago, about 100 of the originals were discovered in a wardrobe in a spare room of his house, and a number of them were put on display at the art gallery, and have been available for sale.

I took a number of photos, and will post some here over the next couple of weeks incase anyone's interested in them.

Sadly, we were unable to find any that contained Ogri with his Norvin.

Please remember that these are my photographs of the originals - there are NO prints of the originals. We had access to the actual originals. It was quite treat - the quality of the illustrations is amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_5727.jpeg
    IMG_5727.jpeg
    757.8 KB · Views: 53
G

Graham Smith

No. 419: Mitzi on Holiday. 2011.

Here's one with Mitzi in it.

419 at the top indicates it was the 419th Ogri cartoon that Paul had produced, whilst the second number, 24, was the 24th that he'd produced for Back Street Heroes.

Before Paul moved to Back Street Heroes and was producing them for Bike, there was just one number.

IMG_5719.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: