Obsolete bolts / screws

methamon

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hmmmmmmmmmm........In this metricated world it is becoming increasingly difficult to source imperial fasteners. Specifically I was trying to get hold of some 1/4" BSF cheese headed steel (not the dreaded stainless) screws and have drawn a blank.
Does anyone know of a supplier that still stocks stuff like that or are we constrained to make them????????????????????????:confused:

shadhubh

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Imp' nut screws washer & bolts

Hmmmmmmmmmm........In this metricated world it is becoming increasingly difficult to source imperial fasteners. Specifically I was trying to get hold of some 1/4" BSF cheese headed steel (not the dreaded stainless) screws and have drawn a blank.
Does anyone know of a supplier that still stocks stuff like that or are we constrained to make them????????????????????????:confused:

Try "Bernie the Bolt" Tel:01226 370860
Bernard F Wade Ltd.

PO Box 1865
Oxsprings
Sheffield S36 8BY

Very helpfull Regards Vic Scott..

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Wade's List

I wonder if it is the same family? "Wade's List" contained (20 or 30 years ago) a vast range of fasteners, much of it the kind of aircraft jewelry that had cost pounds to manufacture, all for halfpennies.

Try "Bernie the Bolt" Tel:01226 370860
Bernard F Wade Ltd.

PO Box 1865
Oxsprings
Sheffield S36 8BY

Very helpfull Regards Vic Scott..

shadhubh

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I wonder if it is the same family? "Wade's List" contained (20 or 30 years ago) a vast range of fasteners, much of it the kind of aircraft jewelry that had cost pounds to manufacture, all for halfpennies.

Hi Tom,
Just spoken to Bernie and he confirms they are one and the same family,Wade's list, started by his dad ;)
Regards Vic..

ps. he says he has the required screws in stock.

Last edited:

methamon

Non-VOC Member
bolt satisfaction

Thank you to all who replied with suggestions. Bernie the Bolt had the screws that I required and they were received by me the following day; excellent service.:)