O Ring Chain Kit

tim welsh

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I'm thinking of changing to an O ring rear chain as I need to replace a worn out rear sprocket anyway. Will probably go for a Spares Co kit, 520 chain & 1/4" sprockets. Any feedback appreciated. Anyone with any comments on the life/adjustment frequency etc? I usually get about 12,000m from a std chain anyway(Jwis 5/8*3/8).
Thanks
Tim

john998

VOC Member
Hello,
Can highly recommend 'O' ring chain, cannot remember the last time I adjusted it. The 520 kit went on without problems.
One observation though, the standard chain on the outfit is lasting a lot longer too, This is due to the Scott oiler. would recommend one for the 'O' ring as well.
John.

vince998

VOC Member
I have a chain oiler (CLS electronic jobby) on my 130 bhp FJ1200 and have done 55000 kms on 1 x ring chain and it´s not even 1/2 worn yet. I´m on my 3rd set of sprockets (at 40 eurons for the pair (€240 for the chain + sprocket kit), the chain oiler has paid for itself twice already!!!

vibrac

VOC Member
My alloy sproket specially made 58 teeth for Lydden last week for a 5/8 X 1/4 chain from super sprox was about £40