Number plates

Hippo

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi,
The available space on the rear light mount of my twin is quite limited and most standard pressed aluminium plates won't fit.
Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes one of a size that will fit a standard rear mounting?
Thanks

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Do you have the original number? You can (I believe) have vinyl reflective numbers and letter cut to fit. Of course I am in Australia and may be out of date.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Just cut the letters/numbers out of alloy and silicon or epoxy them on,
007b.jpg

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I know what you mean, I have 4 numbers and 2 letters, And bought a late type plate and cut as much as I could from the out side, Still sticks out a bit, But the best I could do. I wanted to put the last number on the third row, Like they used to put A or B etc, But I think I would have been Nicked !! Cheers Bill.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
If you look that's 3 letters 3 numbers.
That is a replica of a cast number plate using all 2.5mm alloy with the border welded on round the edge and the numbers epoxied on, so it's 5mm thick where the border and numbers are and 2.5mm where the background is.
I made the numbers and letters simply by sticking vinyl ones on to pieces of alloy and cutting/filing round them, the trouble is if you use thin stuff unless it's hard it bends very easily.

cstewart

Non-VOC Member
Hi,
The available space on the rear light mount of my twin is quite limited and most standard pressed aluminium plates won't fit.
Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes one of a size that will fit a standard rear mounting?
Thanks

Make template and send to tippers, they will then do the job for you.

Hippo

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks all. I am using vinyl numbers at present but a pressed aluminium plate will cover up all the holes in the tinwork from previous number plates!