Number Plate

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
There are so many number plate infringements in the UK, some are incredible to see, especially the rear number plates on some sports bikes, but I think you would have to be pretty unlucky to get done, only normally when lumped in with another offence that you have committed, but if the police feel like it the punishments can be quite severe, some of them are quite creative, but other than the ones that are Vincent based I really cannot see the point, surely HRD 998 would be the top prize, but with all the data protection, having your initials and date of birth configured somehow must be the worst.

Albervin

VOC Member
There are so many number plate infringements in the UK, some are incredible to see, especially the rear number plates on some sports bikes, but I think you would have to be pretty unlucky to get done, only normally when lumped in with another offence that you have committed, but if the police feel like it the punishments can be quite severe, some of them are quite creative, but other than the ones that are Vincent based I really cannot see the point, surely HRD 998 would be the top prize, but with all the data protection, having your initials and date of birth configured somehow must be the worst.
Peter, it is so funny when I see plates that signify first name, initials and/or DOB. It is like ; yeah, it was Ellie who was born in 1999 who cut me off in her Hyundai..... In NSW HRD 998 belonged to a dear friend. Bill Forbes had it attached to his utility truck. I have HRD 48 on my BMW bike. That is a long and tortuous bureaucratic story that also involves the potential of a lot of money.It was intended to go onto my 1948 Rapide. The powers said it was going to cost $1,200 to do so but to fit it onto the BMW was free.

Shanghai

VOC Member
In Australia the Polizei will ping you if you have a valid plate overlaying a plate from another country. Stupid.

Shit really?
WP_20180329_12_18_55_Pro.jpg