Now what happens?

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If the EU is fitting speed limiters to all new cars by 2022 and I suppose that includes motorcycles what will that mean for us? Fitting a speed limiter to a pre computer motorcycle sounds dodgy
So either they ban all old vehicles to a limited use scenario or they will be an even more prized possession my guess is a ban it's what the nanny states have been nudging us towards for years
And don't expect leaving the EU will mater we will tow the line and the AU and U S will follow once the statistics come in.

Mike 40M

VOC Member
Having only a Comet, it seems to automatically prefer to stay below speed limits.:confused:
Anyhow, the UK will ban petrol regardless of what the EU decides to do.

vibrac

VOC Member
The petrol issue has been sorted see Canadian Carbon Ltd all ICE engines can/could be carbon neutral (assuming you think CO2 is a causeo_O and not an effect)

Prince Duster

VOC Member
For once, I was right. I did a piece for the Spectator back in 2004 - offering the view that electronic speed limiters were on the way. The Vincent would - once again - be one of the fastest vehicles on the road. And, for once, I wish I was wrong.
David Lancaster

Attachments

• Vincent Spectator cut .pdf
    632.3 KB · Views: 27

vibrac

VOC Member
I see the calculators are out on the net and it seems we are talking about 322 UK lives per year attributable directly to speeding compare that with 2000+ for drug related deaths and you can see the main driver of the legislation is the same as driverless cars - control and logging of our movements and lives. Those that think the burecrat in his speed controlled new limo in Brussels is going to let a 70 year old vehicle overtake him at 1 kph over the limit without more legislation being introduced to ban old vehicles has a lot of faith in legislators.