Now this is funny.

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
O.K. It is a bit funny, But also very sad. How are we going to run our old bikes as we get older ?. I see now a new Cyl' Head is close to £1000. A year ago I sold a B.M.W. K100 for just £500 with M.O.T. and Tax, That is what they are selling for !!. I don't understand !! Cheers Bill.

Howard

VOC Member
( kurtis is the guy that buys whole Vincents and strips them to sell in bits)[/QUOTE]

He won't be able to now, if he's selling all those special spanners.

I don't know why we need BSW spanners anyway. It's easy to get metric ones that nearly fit, and if the corners wear off the nuts, there's always Mole wrenches.... :)

H

vibrac

VOC Member
O.K. It is a bit funny, But also very sad. How are we going to run our old bikes as we get older ?. I see now a new Cyl' Head is close to £1000. Cheers Bill.
A Gold Star head and a Vincent head both come in at around £850 without VAT so we are in the right ball park,try and find prices for a Harley head
even a Enfield from India is around £250.
Dont use e-bay as a measure of value, anyone can trail a hook in that water for little cost and there are always twits who cannot do simple searches to see what else is on offer elsewhere from parts suppliers etc and thus they deserve to pay a premium for their lack of knowledge.
NB Cylinder heads for BMW K100 are inflated since with a bit of a fiddle they can be fitted on A series 1275 car engines-I suppose in a way thats the most genuine BMW mini you can get :) at least its not badge engineered rubbish

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Talking about prices,--- excluding the set of five crank case parts, the cost of building the 636cc engine with all new parts for my f/f tricycle, including the electric start, when I get it, will be in the order of £8,500.00 All one can say is, Blardy Hell. ET43

Alan J

VOC Member
I've just bought a 125 from you know where and it didn't cost me 1500 euros!-it does over 100m.p.g. but it is probably not good for my image-whatever that is!! Some people appear to have more money than sense, or am I missing something?

Albervin

VOC Member
He has been listing a fair bit of Vincent junk lately at "Buy it now" prices. Apparently people are not buying it. Still, there is always enjoyinvest ... I have always been amused at the price of the tools (borderline useful) as compared to a head (absolutely essential)!