Norvins

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes there was a lot of work to do on it but I asked Ben if I could photograph it before he started on it as it was it was such a time warp machine and nothing out of the ordinary in terms of preparation for a young man back in 1959. There were far worse examples back then and no-one turned a hair. Its difficult to apply today's standards and perhaps we aught not, for instance check out the available road tyres back then.There was not a lot of choice-remember the Guzzi V8 ran on 350X19 tyres. And standards and available knowledge were at a lower level,I bought an old Vincent back wheel a year or so ago for the hub, and the tyre on it was absolutely bald no tread at all, someone had ridden it like that. and I also picked up some brake bits and pieces from another sale one drum had a deep scar in the braking surface halfway through the metal and the bolt holes that fixed it to the hub were elongated by another diameter and shock of all it was a ten hole hub so I doubt this was a Comet tripping round! when these bikes were worth under £100 people who bought them did not have a lot of money and they did what they could with what they had. I agree with what is said but we should be careful in judging the past most of us were not there

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
There sure is a rake of work to do. The result will be well worth it. I have a lot of time for these proper period machines. They can tell a story. And remind me of my yoof. An update of Ben's progress would be most welcome. Roy.

vibrac

VOC Member
There sure is a rake of work to do. The result will be well worth it. I have a lot of time for these proper period machines. They can tell a story. And remind me of my yoof. An update of Ben's progress would be most welcome. Roy.
Ben did it last year it started on the first turn of the foxley starter (You don't think we were going to bump it did you;)) whats happened to it now I don't know but Ben said the customer was happy

Brian Thompson

Non-VOC Member
IMG_0100.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0101.JPG
Since reading about the Cornish/Debenham Norvins in the latest M.P.H I thought I'd share these photo's off the Debenham one I seen at the local Norton Club day in NSW Australia.
By the way Bill, it was for sale as of last week end.

Brian Thompson

Non-VOC Member
I have been in touch with the owner this morning and the bike is still for sale. he lives close to me and said I can go look at it if I like. So if anyone wants better pictures or contact details of the owner please let me know.
Cheers
Brian