Norvins

Colin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I sent a BMW logbook to the DVLA , together with another change on another bike , they made the change on the other bike in about 6 weeks but NOTHING for the BMW. I contacted them and they said they never received it. Although I pointed out the BMW book was sent in the same envelope as the matter they had dealt with they continued to assert they had never received the BMW logbook, and I should send them £20 for them to issue a new BMW logbook. I told them I would see them in hell before I paid for something they had lost, and that I would contact my MP the press and anyone else I could think of. There was quite a lot more agro for a while, and then as I was cycling through Reading on holiday (Don't ask why we were holidaying in Reading!) my mobile rang, and when I answered it a girl enquired what colour I would like on my replacement logbook (No apology no admission they had the logbook all along etc) I told them the THREE colours of the bike only to be told they will only put TWO colours on the log. I said put whatever you like, and they sent me my ORIGINAL log book back a few weeks later.
Like my local council, the HM Revenue and Customs, and one or two other organisations, who have A LEGAL RIGHT to extract money from you, and who HAVE NO COMPETITION. they can, be, and are totally inefficient. but what the heck it keeps someone in employment:(,

highbury731

VOC Member
I sent a BMW logbook to the DVLA.... and they sent me my ORIGINAL log book back a few weeks later.
Like my local council, the HM Revenue and Customs, and one or two other organisations, who have A LEGAL RIGHT to extract money from you, and who HAVE NO COMPETITION. they can, be, and are totally inefficient. but what the heck it keeps someone in employment:(,
When I applied to register my Norton after importing it from New Zealand, the DVLA insisted on having my original papers on all matters. 'Can I have the originals back?' 'Of course, just request it on a cover letter'. I did so, and pinned a label outside and inside the original ownership papers. When they eventually sent me my papers, it was a set of print-outs of their scanning which they posted back. So far as they are concerned, a DVLA-issued print-out is an original, even if no-one else in the world would recognise it as such. So count yourself lucky indeed.
Paul

vibrac

VOC Member
When I applied to register my Norton after importing it from New Zealand, the DVLA insisted on having my original papers on all matters. 'Can I have the originals back?' 'Of course, just request it on a cover letter'. I did so, and pinned a label outside and inside the original ownership papers. When they eventually sent me my papers, it was a set of print-outs of their scanning which they posted back. So far as they are concerned, a DVLA-issued print-out is an original, even if no-one else in the world would recognise it as such. So count yourself lucky indeed.
Paul
Except they wont accept a photo copy of your licence if the original was sent to them and lost.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Maybe Colin should have gone through the BMW club, And Paul the Norton club ?, Our Simon performed a Miracle for me in just 20 days !!
I don't think DVLA like dealing with " Joe Public ", On these matters. Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
Here is a monster kept in the dark for forty odd years Ben got the job of it going again. Not a toy for anyone over 25 it did not even have a kick start but back in the sixties I bet this was a wow at the Busy Bee. only disappointment no chequer tape was visible.
IMG-20151114-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20151114-WA0005.jpg
IMobs.jpg

ericg

VOC Member
Just love the ones above. They all look very good. I could spend hours studying them and looking at the details if I'd have them in the flesh just before me.