Norvincentre

steve cassel

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Satisfied Customer

Garry, Thanks for the input.

I just heard from Geoff that a group of my parts has already been shipped... I should have them in a few days. I may be joining the ranks of 'satisfied customer' soon myself.

I've heard that Vincent customers here in the U.S. back in the 'fifties frequently had to wait a year or more for a new bike... I quess a few delays still can't dull the shine of something truly worth the wait. -------Steve.

Prosper Keating

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
As long as one doesn't die of old age whilst waiting. I know people who have been 'waiting' for this fellow to ship or, in some cases, return their parts for years now. I am sure they will be thrilled to hear that you are getting some parts, for which they may have paid.

Still, I salute your indomitable optimism and your philosophical attitude. Waiting a year for a complete Vincent-HRD during the Korean War was a common enough experience for foreign customers but most people start getting a little antsy these days if weeks turn to months and then to years.

I hope it works out for you.

PK

steve cassel

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Phone Calls

To anyone 'Unable' to reach John or Geoff...

I've been mostly successful (better than 50% of the tries) with calling John in the mornings.

Contacting Geoff at his shop can be a bit tricky, but if you ask the person answering the phone what time you should call back to catch him, your chances are greatly improved.

My impression is not that they are avoiding calls, but that they are busy with other things and not sitting by the phone all day. I appreciate the frustration factor ( especially since my time zone is -6 GMT), but my experience is that you CAN reach them by phone if you TRY hard enough.

Hope this is helpful to someone. --------Steve.

steve cassel

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Getting There...

Here's an update:
I just received a batch of parts from John and Geoff. I now have the cases, covers, gearset, and crank assembly happily occupying a prominent spot on my old workbench. I'm still waiting for all the right-side components, all the left side components, the complete top end and valve train, and a myriad of little parts; But I am encouraged... It seems, at least, that I'm almost Half Way there.

Opening the boxes and laying the stuff out was like a Christmas Morning (albeit a few months late). These parts are surely the stuff Dreams are made of. I spent a whole morning sorting out the case studs and spindles and trial-fitting the cases and covers. It's true I am still a long way from having a complete motor, but John and Geoff tell me the rest of my order should be ready to ship in 'a couple of weeks'. (You can still keep your fingers crossed for me, Stuart. Thanks).

At Any Rate, I hope this will be encouragement for anyone still waiting. All the best. -------Steve.

MartinRestorer

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Here's an update:
I just received a batch of parts from John and Geoff. I now have the cases, covers, gearset, and crank assembly happily occupying a prominent spot on my old workbench. I'm still waiting for all the right-side components, all the left side components, the complete top end and valve train, and a myriad of little parts; But I am encouraged... It seems, at least, that I'm almost Half Way there.

Opening the boxes and laying the stuff out was like a Christmas Morning (albeit a few months late). These parts are surely the stuff Dreams are made of. I spent a whole morning sorting out the case studs and spindles and trial-fitting the cases and covers. It's true I am still a long way from having a complete motor, but John and Geoff tell me the rest of my order should be ready to ship in 'a couple of weeks'. (You can still keep your fingers crossed for me, Stuart. Thanks).

At Any Rate, I hope this will be encouragement for anyone still waiting. All the best. -------Steve.
Well done! enjoy, I remember the feeling well. But half way?
I would start sourceing internal parts Vinparts ,VOCS.. Keep posting for the long haul.

Chrish

Non-VOC Member
Steve,

Well done! I suggest you get a copy of MPH 666 therein a letter/article from Phil Pilgrim with regards to what you should inspect on the cases prior to assembly, some things are critical. We, in Australia, have received our cases, still awaiting the covers, and some damage is evident, awaiting an email reply from Geoff Stokes as to a resolution.

Chris

steve cassel

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
MPH Magazine

Chris, Thanks for the suggestion... To anybody who has MPH#666 to sell (Or any other MPH issues you can part with) Please contact me by PM. Thanks.

To Martin and others making the suggestion that I source the remainder of my parts through other vendors: I appreciate the encouragement; but as I said, I have committed to John and Geoff. I have to act in the good faith that they will perform what they said. It is nice to know, though, that other options are available if for some reason they are unable to fill my order. Still keeping those fingers crossed... -------Steve.

Chrish

Non-VOC Member
Steve,
Keep the faith, as alluded to, we have had some damage to the cases and are still awaiting the covers,BUT, John/Geoff are in the process of sorting through this, he emailed today, which is progress.

Chris

Prosper Keating

Non-VOC Member
I think you should get a good discount for this great PR job of yours. Hope they'll sort you out. Any chance of posting a photo or two of the parts you've received?

Cheers,

PK

steve cassel

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Attitude

Golly, Prosper, it sounds like you are mad at ME now... Did I forget to say thanks for the PM you sent? I really do appreciate your time and effort, and I did follow up on the information you gave me. Thanks.

Just for the record:
1). I am not on their payroll.
2). I would love a discount, but am not expecting one.
3). I really did receive a batch of parts (no photos for you at this time... you'll just have to take my word for it).
And 4). I really am happy to have received the aforementioned parts.

Sorry if all that rubs you the wrong way... I'm just trying my best to bear through the frustration while remaining as constructive as I can. If it's any consolation to you, I'm still waiting for the large majority of my order and have not been able to get a response from John or Geoff for over a week now. I could go histrionic, or I can keep calling until they manage to get their ducks in a row. My choice. ------------Steve.