Norvin - Where are you now

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Around 1966 I used to see a Norvin around the Stoke area, seemed to be a regular attender at Scrambles meetings (We didn't have motocross in those days).

I remember it well, because it looked like a factory job (very professional), a bog standard Dominator with bathtub rear fairing fitted with a twin engine (I think it was a Rap, but I didn't know the difference then). Does this ring any bells with anyone, I often wonder if it was as good as I remember as a youngster who'd just progressed to a 250 Enfield.

H

Chris Launders

VOC Member
On the same subject,in the mid 70s there was a really tasty norvin from around the wakefield area i think,i used to see it at squires cafe but also saw it in the IOM and at cadwell,it had a dark green manx frame with yellow tank and seat unit,manx forks and wheels,the motor was chopped with a bsa gold star close box,it was bored and stroked with carillo rods megacycle cams a scintilla mag and gardner carbs.complete with a open single row primary chain manx clutch no lights or kickstart and lightening pipes it really was a beast.

hooterman

VOC Member
Howard,When I was 16yrs or so I used to wait for the bus halfway up Smallthorne bank and there used to come a Vinton hammering up the bank on full chat,I could hear him coming from way up Norton ,This did it for me and was the start on my Vincent journey I got my 1st Shadow OTU 932 it was in Foley Motors Fenton for repair I tracked the owner who lived in Hanley I was 17yrs at the time. and paid £90.00p thats ninety pounds have been hooked ever since,Never got to meet this guy but I do recall checking out another Vin somewhere along High Lane

Howard

VOC Member
Howard,When I was 16yrs or so I used to wait for the bus halfway up Smallthorne bank and there used to come a Vinton hammering up the bank on full chat,I could hear him coming from way up Norton ,This did it for me and was the start on my Vincent journey I got my 1st Shadow OTU 932 it was in Foley Motors Fenton for repair I tracked the owner who lived in Hanley I was 17yrs at the time. and paid £90.00p thats ninety pounds have been hooked ever since,Never got to meet this guy but I do recall checking out another Vin somewhere along High Lane

That rings a bell, I think this one said Vinton on it, not Norvin. £90 was a lot of money for me in the 60s as a poor student. The most I paid was £30 for a Crusader Sport and I straight swapped it for a Super Meteor.