• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Norvin - Where are you now

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Around 1966 I used to see a Norvin around the Stoke area, seemed to be a regular attender at Scrambles meetings (We didn't have motocross in those days).

I remember it well, because it looked like a factory job (very professional), a bog standard Dominator with bathtub rear fairing fitted with a twin engine (I think it was a Rap, but I didn't know the difference then). Does this ring any bells with anyone, I often wonder if it was as good as I remember as a youngster who'd just progressed to a 250 Enfield.

H

Chris Launders

VOC Member
On the same subject,in the mid 70s there was a really tasty norvin from around the wakefield area i think,i used to see it at squires cafe but also saw it in the IOM and at cadwell,it had a dark green manx frame with yellow tank and seat unit,manx forks and wheels,the motor was chopped with a bsa gold star close box,it was bored and stroked with carillo rods megacycle cams a scintilla mag and gardner carbs.complete with a open single row primary chain manx clutch no lights or kickstart and lightening pipes it really was a beast.

hooterman

VOC Member
Howard,When I was 16yrs or so I used to wait for the bus halfway up Smallthorne bank and there used to come a Vinton hammering up the bank on full chat,I could hear him coming from way up Norton ,This did it for me and was the start on my Vincent journey I got my 1st Shadow OTU 932 it was in Foley Motors Fenton for repair I tracked the owner who lived in Hanley I was 17yrs at the time. and paid £90.00p thats ninety pounds have been hooked ever since,Never got to meet this guy but I do recall checking out another Vin somewhere along High Lane

Howard

VOC Member
Howard,When I was 16yrs or so I used to wait for the bus halfway up Smallthorne bank and there used to come a Vinton hammering up the bank on full chat,I could hear him coming from way up Norton ,This did it for me and was the start on my Vincent journey I got my 1st Shadow OTU 932 it was in Foley Motors Fenton for repair I tracked the owner who lived in Hanley I was 17yrs at the time. and paid £90.00p thats ninety pounds have been hooked ever since,Never got to meet this guy but I do recall checking out another Vin somewhere along High Lane

That rings a bell, I think this one said Vinton on it, not Norvin. £90 was a lot of money for me in the 60s as a poor student. The most I paid was £30 for a Crusader Sport and I straight swapped it for a Super Meteor.

Warning! This thread is more than 11yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.