F: Frame Norvin out of Dominator 88

Pushrod Twin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Very well, indeed! I asked a friend for comparison a month ago, but he did not come, so far. I am heading for
190kgs, but not by using upsidedown forks, cast wheels and modern disk brakes. Don´t forget, that the wideline frame is registered for 2up plus sidecar use. What about steering damper on yr Egli? My friend has
one and does not want his Egli be without.

My home made Egli Replica weighed in at 430Lbs with an estimated 7 or 8 Litres of fuel. I have not been able to induce any instability or head shake, even at 100 MPH with a pack rack on. :eek: The steering head angle is a degree or 2 steeper than what is reputedly regarded as "standard" It is fitted with 38mm Marzocchi forks from a 650 Benelli Tornado, shortened up by 40mm. It also has the Benelli multiplate steering damper fitted for looks, the plates are tight enough to not rattle, loose enough to not feel any friction.

Attachments

• 19.05.18.JPG
    19.05.18.JPG
    533 KB · Views: 32

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
My home made Egli Replica weighed in at 430Lbs with an estimated 7 or 8 Litres of fuel. I have not been able to induce any instability or head shake, even at 100 MPH with a pack rack on. :eek: The steering head angle is a degree or 2 steeper than what is reputedly regarded as "standard" It is fitted with 38mm Marzocchi forks from a 650 Benelli Tornado, shortened up by 40mm. It also has the Benelli multiplate steering damper fitted for looks, the plates are tight enough to not rattle, loose enough to not feel any friction.
Nice looks, good geometry, a rider´s machine, no doubt! 100 with that kind of rack, packed, shows good performance, too! Well done!:)

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
I don't understand how anybody can claim that a wideline featherbed is more comfortable than a std Vincent.
There was a good reason why Norton introduced the slimline in 1960.
The wideline is as comfortable as it can get when racing, but not on streets and roads.
My son and his friends prefer the comfortable ride on my Comet more than the f/b Nortons or the Gixxers.
Not from my point of view. When riding my friend´s slim line Norvin, my knees do not touch the tank. I have
to squeeze them like a virgin, to have contact to the tank. I like having my legs parallel or a little open at the
front with easy contact to the tank, to feel comfortable. This works only on the wideline. Of course, comfort
is the sum of many reasons. The standard Norton brakes are useless - the rear brake does not deserve its
name. The duplex front brake with green Ferrodo linings is ok, when nicely adjusted.
Also from my impressions, a Comet offers a nicer ride comfortwise, than a twin, mostly due to its lower
weight, which also makes original brakes - if nicely adjusted - fully sufficient for this bike. Not so for a twin,
where they are average, if! I do like the std. Vincent framework on the Comet racer, best with Brampton forks,
hydraulically damped - big fun!

Attachments

• 7200 reduziert.jpg
    7200 reduziert.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 35