F: Frame Norvin out of Dominator 88

Sebastian Huber

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello Norvin experts.

Need some advices.
Is this Norton Modell an appropriate basic?
What does it mean to frame? Cutting to make it wider/total rework /device or gage available - neccessary?

Kindly,
Sebastian

Shane998

Non-VOC Member
Hello Norvin experts.

Need some advices.
Is this Norton Modell an appropriate basic?
What does it mean to frame? Cutting to make it wider/total rework /device or gage available - neccessary?

Kindly,
Sebastian
Look at Unity Equip site you will see engine plates for Vincent twin into Norton twin frame eg your dominator 178 pounds not sure if that current price list but is a guide It will fit

Shane998

Non-VOC Member
Look at Unity Equip site you will see engine plates for Vincent twin into Norton twin frame eg your dominator 178 pounds not sure if that current price list but is a guide It will fit
Found a couple of pics. Project bike is in wideline featherbed which yours could be but later dominators have slimline featherbed as in other photo but engine fit the same

Attachments

• IMG_2459.PNG
    IMG_2459.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2460.PNG
    IMG_2460.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 40

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Thanks Shane, Didn't know they were still going, I am looking for a seat for my Ex L/ning.
The Norvin plates ?, Won't they be different if using a Chopped gearbox or not ?.
Cheers Bill.

Sebastian Huber

VOC Member
Found a couple of pics. Project bike is in wideline featherbed which yours could be but later dominators have slimline featherbed as in other photo but engine fit the same

Thanks Shane998, helps me much. The one I intend to acquire is a slime featherdeb out of year '63 I think.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Don't bother with Unity, the guys who made all the stuff have finished and there were no Norvin plates in stock, as well as chopped engine plates needing to be different so are single and twin frames, the single frame front mount being 2"higher.
A lot of what will be required will depend upon whether your engine still has the gearbox attached and if not what box you are going to use. mine is a Wideline with a chopped engine and a Norton gearbox, I had to remove the stand mounts and scallop the frame for the front carb and exhaust pipe.
15626267_1799732073628714_9169315727088514383_o.jpg

Sebastian Huber

VOC Member
Don't bother with Unity, the guys who made all the stuff have finished and there were no Norvin plates in stock, as well as chopped engine plates needing to be different so are single and twin frames, the single frame front mount being 2"higher.
A lot of what will be required will depend upon whether your engine still has the gearbox attached and if not what box you are going to use. mine is a Wideline with a chopped engine and a Norton gearbox, I had to remove the stand mounts and scallop the frame for the front carb and exhaust pipe.
View attachment 29878
Thanks Chris,
great bike and nice picture!
Intend to use a not-chopped engine from which only bit are laying around at the moment.
Next step will be to buy the Norton. Should happen end of this week.
Will certainly come back to you.

Cheers
Sebastian

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I don’t know how it works in other countries but in the UK using an existing registered frame does solve a lot of problems, unless things have changed it would remain registered as the original Norton, but just with a change of engine, you would retain the original registration number as opposed to a Q plate, but as I say, that is in the UK