PT: Exhaust Norvin - Exhaust System

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
This reminds me of a time about 55 years ago when local member, Paul Champion, made his own 'silencer'.. From memory it was a bit of 2 inch pipe welded into a silencer body. He came to see me one evening, me living out in the country several hundred yards from a main road. He wanted my opinion as to whether it was too noisy. It was a quiet evening with little traffic and no wind. In all honesty it did not sound too bad. When he left I could hear him ride up to the main road, go along the main road for a couple of miles, go through the local market town of Hailsham, pull out on to the dual carriage way the other side of Hailsham and accelerate up to his house about half a mile up the road. Due to the modern wonders of Google Earth I have just measured the straight line distance from where I was to where he lived. 4.26 miles. Be warned:eek:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
A bloke a few doors from me told me the same story about my Special :D ,
A Gutted Goldie silencer,
But I have put a standard Armours stainless silencer on now.

vibrac

VOC Member
Perhaps this is the answer we have been waiting for I have to restuff my billet Grey Flash silencer if I do another track day it was 107Db last test and as its a logarithmic scale...
1606124865787.png

Mark Fisher

Non-VOC Member
This reminds me of a time about 55 years ago when local member, Paul Champion, made his own 'silencer'.. From memory it was a bit of 2 inch pipe welded into a silencer body. He came to see me one evening, me living out in the country several hundred yards from a main road. He wanted my opinion as to whether it was too noisy. It was a quiet evening with little traffic and no wind. In all honesty it did not sound too bad. When he left I could hear him ride up to the main road, go along the main road for a couple of miles, go through the local market town of Hailsham, pull out on to the dual carriage way the other side of Hailsham and accelerate up to his house about half a mile up the road. Due to the modern wonders of Google Earth I have just measured the straight line distance from where I was to where he lived. 4.26 miles. Be warned:eek:
ok guys, thanks for all your input but we have strayed from the actual question. The noise level is not an issue for me so no need to discuss. All I'm concerned about is starting and general running. Maybe I should ask Sam as I've seen his bike at Barbers a couple of times.
mark