PT: Exhaust Norvin - Exhaust System

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have also bought Armours stainless silencers years ago and neither of those had a deflector, just straight through and with a perforated inner tube to hold the 'rockwool', or whatever it is, in place.

Rixon

VOC Member
Armours state on their website that their silencers do not contain absorption material.

Anyway I'll try and get a picture of the Vincent silencer internals and post it.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
That's funny, The one I bought last year was a bit of a Friday Job, Nothing bad, Just the stuffing hanging out !!,
So not a clear hole.
I said to the New Boss, How am I going to get rid of that, Then I said , Oh well I will soon BLAST it away on the first run !.
I know Armours has an " EAR " !! on the Forum, Any chance of a Comment Armours ??.
Who knows maybe it is all change there now ??.
Cheers Bill.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
That's funny, The one I bought last year was a bit of a Friday Job, Nothing bad, Just the stuffing hanging out !!,
So not a clear hole.
I said to the New Boss, How am I going to get rid of that, Then I said , Oh well I will soon BLAST it away on the first run !.
I know Armours has an " EAR " !! on the Forum, Any chance of a Comment Armours ??.
Who knows maybe it is all change there now ??.
Cheers Bill.
A few years ago on a short holiday break in the New Forest, we were staying in my brother in law's static van not far from Sammy Miller's museum. We were near Armours so we called in one day when we were out for a ride on the Rapide. They had some stainless exhaust pipes in stock so we bought them on impulse. How do we carry them? The old boss offered to deliver them himself to the holiday site. My brother in law brought them back for us the next time he went down for a break. I still haven't got around to fitting the pipes!

Rixon

VOC Member
As promised a picture down the new Vincent silencer, the "baffle" can be clearly seen.

Spent some more time on Armours website. The stainless steel Goldie silencers are absorption type as per original. The chrome ones are baffled differently. The Vincent stainless silencers aren't listed at the moment.

20200617_140216 (2000x1500).jpg

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
As Ed will tell you ??, They are a No Frills Firm, Very hands on, Never seen a place like it ,
If ?? you could find it :D :D .
Not really for retail, Mostly POST.
I stand there thinking I would have to spend a weekend Cleaning and painting the place, BUT, That's them and they are a TOP firm to deal with, Not interested in tarting the place up, Just building and selling Exhausts !!.
That Web Site has never shown the VIn' S/S, Silencers, They have been telling me they are going to redo the Web site Since 2006 !!, But I know they don't have time.

Rixon

VOC Member
I won't be fitting it, it was sent in error and I'm returning it. Intention is to fit a Goldie silencer once I find the right one !

Rixon

VOC Member
Spoke to Armours today. They confirmed that their stainless Vincent silencers are absorption type with a perforated tube and sound deadening material. Their chrome ones have a different construction as per my picture above.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
As Ed will tell you ??, They are a No Frills Firm, Very hands on, Never seen a place like it ,
If ?? you could find it :D :D .
Not really for retail, Mostly POST.
I stand there thinking I would have to spend a weekend Cleaning and painting the place, BUT, That's them and they are a TOP firm to deal with, Not interested in tarting the place up, Just building and selling Exhausts !!.
That Web Site has never shown the VIn' S/S, Silencers, They have been telling me they are going to redo the Web site Since 2006 !!, But I know they don't have time.
Dear Bill,
You described the place perfectly, I'vehave actually worked in worse places!
The floor might be dirty but the silencers work OK and that is what counts.
When I recently ordered a new stainless silencer I spoke to a lady on the telephone who was most helpful. They seem like good people to deal with.