PT: Exhaust Norvin - Exhaust System

ericg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I too prefer the full frame but I guess the builder was invoking the "frameless" element of the original Vincent and giving it his own twist, which surely is the whole purpose of the exercise. If all Specials were the same they wouldn't be special ;)
Sure, and that's why I prefer them to stock machines.
So, I guess one day someone will be adding down tubes to an Egli frame, just to be different?;)

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Here's a homebuilt 2" set in 304ss.
Note the 2" diameter goes right to the exhaust nut. I thought that looked a little nicer than the short skinny bit then bulbous out to 2" that is usually seen with a 2" exhaust on a twin.

Glen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200319-175556.png
    Screenshot_20200319-175556.png
    729.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20200319-175608.png
    Screenshot_20200319-175608.png
    970.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20200319-175442.png
    Screenshot_20200319-175442.png
    896.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_20200319-175830.png
    Screenshot_20200319-175830.png
    745.1 KB · Views: 117

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Don't worry Les, Some people don't like my Special !, Can't think why :) .
But I have took it apart now and made 2 Bikes from it, And they said in School, I was not clever :) !.

brian gains

VOC Member
slightly off topic, can a Vinnie V be squeezed into a slimline feather bed as I can't recall seeing it been done.

Cyborg

VOC Member
My homemade pipes, some like & some don't, i do. photos of the flanges i made

Those flanges are a good idea. Might have to borrow that if my Comet’s slip fit spring arrangement doesn’t pass the acid test.The flanges must have made the alignment process a whole lot simpler.

vibrac

VOC Member
Not a fan of the flanges almost as fiddly as the fine thread originals I will show a picture of the racing exhaust and stub pipe fixing on the new racer as soon as we get it back from the pipe bender at which point the bike will be cosmetically complete
we want it back from the bender ASAP in case things get worse but the fire has gone out of the project after a winter of work and more than a few pence spent. Our mid April meeting at Silverstone is off and there are no races to run it on, we just cancelled our rolling road tune up. Typical :mad::mad:for once we were actually on target! Hey Ho back to the workshop.