Norvin 500

Black Flash

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello fellow members,
many years ago, I lost all my money in a Triton project. When talking about my plans building aTriton to Grank Friffin and Paul Ennis, I thought they were winding me up but it came all true :eek:. 8 studs out- 9 studs in, E3... out E3134(if I remember ok) in, I could go on like this for hours and can still vividely remember the pain in my wallet. Anyway the b****y Triumph engine was finally sold and the rolling chassis went to my brother. Now after many years my brother wants to built a Norvin out of it, having a complete refurbished Comet engine and an AMC Norton box ready to go in. My question can anybody help us with samples of engine plates to fit the engine in a type 99 slimline featherbed frame. Anything could be helpful, cardboard copies, drawings, templates, dfx drawing for lasercutting, or even original ones for loan to copy them. We would be very thankful for any help.

Bernd Schmitz, Germany

Last edited:

Black Flash

VOC Member
engine plates needed

Hi there, it is quite a while I started this thread, but no reply.
is there nobody out there who can help us with some information about engine plates?
your help would be very welcome

Bernd

manxnortonman

VOC Member
Norvin 500cc engine plates

Hello fellow members,
many years ago, I lost all my money in a Triton project. When talking about my plans building aTriton to Grank Friffin and Paul Ennis, I thought they were winding me up but it came all true :eek:. 8 studs out- 9 studs in, E3... out E3134(if I remember ok) in, I could go on like this for hours and can still vividely remember the pain in my wallet. Anyway the b****y Triumph engine was finally sold and the rolling chassis went to my brother. Now after many years my brother wants to built a Norvin out of it, having a complete refurbished Comet engine and an AMC Norton box ready to go in. My question can anybody help us with samples of engine plates to fit the engine in a type 99 slimline featherbed frame. Anything could be helpful, cardboard copies, drawings, templates, dfx drawing for lasercutting, or even original ones for loan to copy them. We would be very thankful for any help.

Bernd Schmitz, Germany

Bernd,
Have you got your engine plates sorted? if not have a look at the engine fit on my 500 Norvin under articles on my web sight spiritofthe60s.com. If suitable I will send you paper copies.
Regards Garry
manxnortonman@yahoo.co.uk