Where Are You Now? NOL 535M

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Here I was just enquiring about a nice 500cc two stroke that I would like to have in my shed. Out of the blue the vendor sends a photo of a bike he used to own. The reason? Because of my name. He had no idea I owned Vincents let alone was a member of the VOC. I asked his permission to share the photo and here it is. A very interesting story too. The engine was purchased from Roger Slater in 1972. The buyer then installed it and rode it for 40 miles and it locked solid at 4 mph. Lucky him!! One of the E80s had undone itself and locked. Luckily the young lad had a great employer who hired a lawyer who sued Slater. Slater had to pay £320 for repairs. Young lad sold bike to a "racer" and emigrated to Australia in 1974. He is now searching to see if he has engine numbers. The bike was sold on the Isle of Wight to a Portsmouth lad in 1974. It would be awesome if this man knew the whereabouts of his beloved and long lost bike.

Attachments

• bulbs 003 (1).jpeg
    bulbs 003 (1).jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 42

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Sorry I don't have anything on NOL 535M but the DVLA have it currently listed as a 1974 MG car.
Now the reg in the photo could be NDL 535M but again I have nothing, but the DVLA have that reg as a 1974 Rover car.

So that is a mystery and so the engine number will be required to search any further.

Simon

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Sorry I don't have anything on NOL 535M but the DVLA have it currently listed as a 1974 MG car.
Now the reg in the photo could be NDL 535M but again I have nothing, but the DVLA have that reg as a 1974 Rover car.

So that is a mystery and so the engine number will be required to search any further.

Simon
Hoping that the numbers will come from somewhere. Looking at the font I think it is NOL not NDL. Apparently the new owner was stripping the motor out of the Featherbed and putting it into a Vincent UFM/RFM to race.