Noisy noise

mr.hutch

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It might be me age, but the wind generated noise in my helmet is getting to the point of being much too much, totally unacceptable.
Has anybody had experiance of ' Ultimate Hearing Protection Systems ' ? as reading their web pages, they seem to have the answer to all noise related problems.
It is a bit expensive at £59, but offer custom made ear protectors from silicon.

There are of course many endorsements by indepedent motocycle groups, clubs etc. but?
Any comments would be welcome, but sorry, you must speak up.

mr.hutch :)

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Hi Mr H

I have custom fit ear plugs supplied by "Ultimate Ear Protection" and I think they're great
Wind noise is down by 80%, and they claim a reduction of 30dB for high frequecies.

Yes custom fit plugs are expensive, but even if you use disposable plugs, what cost your hearing????

Neil

Albervin

VOC Member
I had some silicone plugs made here in Australia and they were too hard and caused irritation after a while. I know many other people use them
but I think it is important to have a good fit. I use disposable bullet shaped foam plugs and they last a couple of weeks with constant use. While they are cheap
I think well made custom items would be cheaper in the long term providing you don't lose them....

Ducdude

VOC Member
I had a set made after years of using soft foam 30dB disposable plugs and...I hated them and had to stop and pull them out in under 50 miles and they were not cheap and I never wore them again.. It seems that I would sweat and the suction noises would drive me nuts, That said I know many who have and love them...They just were not for me I still use the soft foam 30dB disposable plugs and a box has lasted me 10 years so that was a good deal..

Cheers,

Eric
PS never used them on the Vin I loved the noise she made..lol

Howard

VOC Member
It might be me age, but the wind generated noise in my helmet is getting to the point of being much too much, totally unacceptable.
Has anybody had experiance of ' Ultimate Hearing Protection Systems ' ? as reading their web pages, they seem to have the answer to all noise related problems.
It is a bit expensive at £59, but offer custom made ear protectors from silicon.

There are of course many endorsements by indepedent motocycle groups, clubs etc. but?
Any comments would be welcome, but sorry, you must speak up.

mr.hutch :)

Have you tried going slower? :)

Check with other types before you fork out for expensive ear plugs. If I wear earplugs I'm very aware of Tinitus, so I prefer the sound of wind and a loud "silencer".

H

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
My hearing consultant confirms that wind noise in modern full face helmets is a definite cause of tinnitus. It never happened with 'Corkers' or pudding basins. According to the consultant there were a number of cases of compensation claims from police motorcyclists for tinnitus when the force introduced full face style helmets.

Albervin

VOC Member
I don't use them at all on some bikes. The helmet does a great job. On others (tourer with windshield) I need them. New helmets can be very good (Schuberth) but that is an even more expensive option.