Misc: Ignition NGK secret society?

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
What is it with NGK?
(I havent tried Champion yet) obviously only a few of my bikes are mentioned in the tedious make model year path to finding a plug for my old bikes. this path seems to be the way of all product sites from spark plugs to suspension units it you have a special or an old model you are ignored
so another way is to use the code of the plug. I try NGK site but thats like wading through treacle and obviously they are not letting on. the best way is to search by image that way I can see there is a chart.
Oh no not so easy! one NGK source displays a message that it prevents viewing from a ' hot link' another displays in very small type and when I paste, copy and finaly blow it up its in German, finaly I find an australian site (not NGK) that shows how the number is built up but there must be a European or American site thats not so coy, whats the big secret?
Oh and just to add to the fun the green spark plug company studiously avoid giving the NGK code when using their selector :mad:
However if you know it by an NGK code already THEN they display it!

Last edited:

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
What is it with NGK?
(I havent tried Champion yet) obviously only a few of my bikes are mentioned in the tedious make model year path to finding a plug for my old bikes. this path seems to be the way of all product sites from spark plugs to suspension units it you have a special or an old model you are ignored .......
As you say in general old motorcycles don't exist on many search sites.
I thought this was a useful reference document even though it doesn't list Vincent. The list of equivalents from different plug manufacturers could prove useful if you can't find your favourite B6ES or whatever.
https://www.ngkpartfinder.co.uk/files/NGK_Classic_Vehicles.pdf

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Ask and you shall receive........ :cool: PS: Try N5C's Also listed as Champion 120's
plug chart.jpeg