NewVincent concept !!!

Tnecniv Edipar

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Concept vehicles rarely reach production in anything close to the form presented as a concept. As I said before , they are a showcase for idea's & err , concepts !!
Strange you should mention the Britten , that is my all time favourite "modern" motorcycle and was well ahead of it's time. Why no one took that up seriously when the man himself tragically died very prematurely , I'll never know.

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Britten

I saw one in Milano at Giovanni Cabassi's MAD (Moto[rcycle], Arte, Design) exhibition. It had forks very similiar to Girdraulics, but in hollow carbon fibre. This was almost the least of its marvels. It was stunning. But, apart from Casey Stoner and Valentino Rossi (and in our dreams, all of us), who could exploit its capabilities? And who could afford to buy one?
The exhibition was full of wonderful design concepts made into real, live, running motorcycles (mainly, but not exclusively, Italian), but as you suggest, few that actually made it into successful mass production. Anyone fancy a fully enclosed Eric Buell Harley? With the same visual impact as a Knight or a Prince? And as attractive to the general biker population? You know the rest...

Concept vehicles rarely reach production in anything close to the form presented as a concept. As I said before , they are a showcase for idea's & err , concepts !!
Strange you should mention the Britten , that is my all time favourite "modern" motorcycle and was well ahead of it's time. Why no one took that up seriously when the man himself tragically died very prematurely , I'll never know.

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Britten

I saw one in Milano at Giovanni Cabassi's MAD (Moto[rcycle], Arte, Design) exhibition. It had forks very similiar to Girdraulics, but in hollow carbon fibre. This was almost the least of its marvels. It was stunning. But, apart from Casey Stoner and Valentino Rossi (and in our dreams, all of us), who could exploit its capabilities? And who could afford to buy one?
The exhibition was full of wonderful design concepts made into real, live, running motorcycles (mainly, but not exclusively, Italian), but as you suggest, few that actually made it into successful mass production. Anyone fancy a fully enclosed Eric Buell Harley? With the same visual impact as a Knight or a Prince? And as attractive to the general biker population? You know the rest...

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Sorry, tremor in the fingers.....

So you got the same message twice.

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
Were you aware the 1st Buell WAS fully enclosed ? And I mean , FULLY , enclosed ! Was called the RR1200 Battle Twin , phenomenal looking machine , I almost bought one !! The Britten though , that was an incredible device. When I first saw it my immediate thought was , thats how the Vincent could have evolved ! Examine all the principle elements and it just shouts Vincent. Stressed V Twin , the front suspension , novel rear suspension. Brilliant machine from a brilliant man. I would recommend the DVD , "One Mans Dream , The Britten Bike Story".

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Buell

That's what I saw in Milano. It brought on an all but uncontrollable attack of the "must have its".
Were you aware the 1st Buell WAS fully enclosed ? And I mean , FULLY , enclosed ! Was called the RR1200 Battle Twin , phenomenal looking machine , I almost bought one !! The Britten though , that was an incredible device. When I first saw it my immediate thought was , thats how the Vincent could have evolved ! Examine all the principle elements and it just shouts Vincent. Stressed V Twin , the front suspension , novel rear suspension. Brilliant machine from a brilliant man. I would recommend the DVD , "One Mans Dream , The Britten Bike Story".

carlm

Non-VOC Member
Hmm. I once rode an arse up head down machine to Vincents and Vines in California and back. Transferred all my lower back pain to my wrists. And I sat on the Britten at the New Zealand International. Got a picture too. Don't see any dual seat or lights. Were the Black Lightening and Grey Flash really touring machines? Admittedly they'd accommodate a sidecar...
Carl

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Britten

The Britten is a pure racing machine, and probably makes your crotch-rocket feel like a moped. The owner (more accustomed to Vincents) told me he'd started it, but found it difficult to get it rolling without having it wheelie itself upside down. A zillion horsepower at the flick of a dual-purpose switch, i.e. the clutch and throttle operated together. If it had a speedo it would be evenly marked 0, 80, 100,120....

Hmm. I once rode an arse up head down machine to Vincents and Vines in California and back. Transferred all my lower back pain to my wrists. And I sat on the Britten at the New Zealand International. Got a picture too. Don't see any dual seat or lights. Were the Black Lightening and Grey Flash really touring machines? Admittedly they'd accommodate a sidecar...
Carl

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Concept machine.

What I was trying to get across was the fact that the drawing was incomplete in my mind and would in no way be a Vincent. Old Man Vincent might have produced something like a Pan European if he were still around. Of course the Lightnings and Flashes were the exception to the rule, isn't there any lee way here? And, yes I do have an a**e up head down machine which has been known to leave a Comet standing, but is is only 50cc, ask B'knighted, so I am not against them. Before the Britten came along the Vee Eight 'Guzzi did it for me, so let's leave it at that until I find something else to moan about, something I'm good at.
TaTa for now,
ET43