Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
This is quite outrageous !!!

vincent-nero-motorycle-concept1.jpg

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Gor Blimey

In all my 67 years I have never seen a motorcycle with pushrod tubes on the left hand side of the engine, let alone having the primary drive in the way. I'd rather buy one of the new Carberry Enfield vee twins than ride something as grotesque as that.
Grumpy Old Git.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
new concept

Least said, soonest mended! That's what my old mate used to say! I'm sure , like all the other pretenders , this too will pass. Roy.

carlm

Non-VOC Member
In all my 63 years it hasn't made one whit of difference to me what side my pushrod tubes are on. I'm just saying that it looks like more original thought went into it than Bernard Li's assemblage of bought in parts. And I agree with Roy. Another fart in a windstorm.
Carl

Comet Rider

VOC Member
calm down

If you go back through old posts in the forum, you can see that this concept derives from work done by some technology students, so please lighten up, as they did ask our advice....

Neil

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
In all my 67 years I have never seen a motorcycle with pushrod tubes on the left hand side of the engine, let alone having the primary drive in the way. I'd rather buy one of the new Carberry Enfield vee twins than ride something as grotesque as that.
Grumpy Old Git.

The 250cc Royal Enfield Continental, GT and Crusader engines had the pushrods on the left side. The pushrod tunnel is cast into the barrel, but its location can still be seen bulging out from the cylinder. I believe though, that the primary drive was on the right side of the engine.

Cheers,
Simon.

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
Generally , the purpose of a concept is to showcase idea's and determine reaction , not to present as a production idea. Otherwise things never move on. What I like about this is it's boldness even if it doesn't exactly break any particular new ground , it has the spirit of PCV about it !!

Pushrod or timing location is never going to be on the same side as primary drive , I think we just have to accept this as artsist licence !!

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Comparisons

Whilst I was not aware of the Enfield pushrod situation, Simon did grasp the fact that primary drive and pushrods cannot be on the same side of the engine so the artist should have put a little more thought into his concept. However, I thought that " concept " vehicles were supposed to represent what was likely to become a production vehicle, yet here we see a contraption with no mudguards, no dual seat, and possibly no rear lights. The only thing it follows is the current flavour of a**e up and head down riding position. At least Bernard Li's machine which was never a Vincent replacement contender had a proven engine and all the accoutriments that one finds on a decent touring machine which is what I believe that PCV envisaged his machine to be, and anyway, even I would not be able to put a sidecar on that point and squirt thing. Spirit of Vincent, Nah! Sorry.
At least it will only be a concept and it will never come close to the machines that we ride. Even Lord Hesketh failed to emulate the beasts, but finaly I wouldn't say no to a Britten which thinking about it is not too much different from the concept shown, but it did reach limited production and whacked another vee twin in the process. Funny old world ain't it.
ET43