News about the VMCC

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Those of you who are also members of the VMCC (and there are many) will know that communications are rather centralized in that body there is no forum and the magazine does not encourage criticism.
It seems that many felt that the unrest felt about the running of the club was not sorted out by the AGM last month and now the librarian has been sacked a call for an Emergency General Meeting has been instigated by Peter Miller of the Dorset section and he has sent a long email to most VMCC sections giving the seven aims of the EGM with a form to get the required 2% of membership signatures for a EGM. I also have received a copy.

vibrac

VOC Member
It seems a lot of manoeuvring continues for an EGM with requests for action from over 500 members which seems to have been deflected making a call for a EGM a real possibility then the management resorted to the lawyers who seem to have made the calling of an EGM difficult
the complainers have circulated all VMCC section secretaries and interested persons with the state of play it makes interesting reading
I don't think this will go away

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Talking of VMCC, And If you are in "The Know " Could we get our bikes OKed By them for a Number Plate, i.e. Box of bits ? Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
well they have got rid of a librarian (I think that was part of the complaints) but I think they still run a service I understand from somebody who contacted them recently that it involves an inspection and a charge lets hope somebody takes on the VOC post soon I want to get a 500 Vincent back on the road soon and I would rather it done by the VOC

nkt267

VOC Member
I don't know what happens now but I had to have my Comet and 1932 Sunbeam Mot'd before I could get the paperwork to go through.That was via the VOC and the VMCC..John

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Thanks Trev' I knew that, It's just my bad wording, I thought there was another way to do it, For anybody in need, Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
Just to keep you in the loop....
It did not go away here is the latest on the VMCC in a widely circulated letter on the web...
Hi Folks,
Following the referendum approval of the “Chairman’s 4 year tenure” proposal, which was revealed at a management committee meeting last Friday, Kim Allen resigned as Chairman but remains a Director and Management Committee member.
The Management Committee then elected Pat Robotham as Chairman (formerly Finance Director). Subsequently, on Sunday, Pat Robotham received and accepted the resignation of Helen Bensley (Financial Controller) who gave 6 months notice as is required by her employment contract.

As yet there has been no official announcement of the above and none of the Allen House staff were aware of this information when I spoke with them earlier this morning. I am advised that all Area Representatives have been asked to visit each section with additional information and seeking feedback on members views on a number of as yet undisclosed items but one of which will be the fact that the “development plan” is not working. Going forward it seems that openness and better communication are proposed and that Area Representatives will be required to visit their sections at least once per annum which will be a sea change for us as we’ve not seen or heard from ours in the last six years.

I am also advised that section secretaries will shortly be receiving a letter containing additional details. This will be shared as soon as it becomes available.

Best Regards

Colin
Secretary ~ Lakeland Section

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
The South Wales Section of the VMCC is full of er, unrest to put it mildly with very long standing members evicted and court cases pending. The ex President Bill Phelps is a member of said section. That is all I can say. We left a while ago before all the sh*t started.